Saturday, October 4, 2008

my young whippersnapper



Yes, darling sister of mine (wife of my brother), I will 'blog' about this.
My trip to KC started out completely uneventful. As I was reading the latest edition of my favorite rag mag a handsome gent caught my eye with his smile. He has a nice one. He kept staring at me from across the aisle, always greeting me with a smile or a wink. Hmmm, I thought. What's he all about?
Upon arrival in that boring city, as we ventured off the plane he made small talk with me and proceeded to introduce himself to moi with the heartiest of handshakes explaining that he is in town for a training (like me) and we realized our respective hotels were within 2 blocks of each other. His Texas drawl and joyful smile made me say yes to his invite for cocktails out that night or the next or perhaps even dinner. I was fine for either. Game on.

I declined the first night, but the 2nd night we decided to meet at a pub for drinks and then move on for dinner to a restaurant. He once lived in boring KC (which wasn't so boring at this point). Cocktails were yummy, dinner was wonderful mainly due to the fact that he has a large expense account. The rest of the night was ...fantastic. He's 30 which is exactly what my darling sister said I should go for, the younger man. Now, I'm not interested in going for anyone right now. But I'm all about having fun and that's exactly what he is & what we had. It helps also, to finish off two old fashioneds and a bottle of riesling between us plus a few late late night caps. KC turned out to be not so boring after all with a little thanks to my new, very cute friend!

1 comment:

asmithson said...

Hold the show! Ya'all are moving on...he looks cute! Can't wait for details.