Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fighting back with my mind


Thoughts for today- scattered but content. I need a new job, I want a new job. I like the job I have currently- don't get me wrong- but I'm not being used properly and I want to be. The market is shitty here in AZ, jobs are not plentiful but qualified SWers are. So, I'm literally a big fish in a big pond with other big fishes. Competition. I have this favorite quote that goes "sometimes all she could think is it would happen someplace else". Well said. Except I spent 10 years doing that. Now I think maybe it happens in NYC. But talk about a big pond!


I have another quote that I like- it's from my good friend Phil. He once said to me "you can't have roots and wings at the same time". So true. And for me I am constantly trying to figure out what I want more. To settle down, find that secure job and hopefully marry, have a family and live resolved that way? Or stay the course, have no real committments and travel til I've seen it all? Roots and Wings. Roots or Wings? It's confusing, it's fun to be confused by these things- I mean they aren't bad and I love having options. But approaching the age that I am (in about 2.5 months) I feel that something needs to give. Living in limbo ain't fun, living with the status quo is unacceptable. Such is life after making a big transition.


I do have to say a big thanks to my P's. Who are awesome and supportive. I don't really talk to anyone else here except for my mom and dad. They are always quick to listen and respond...other than them, thanks to my cool friends up North. Your support continues to bless me and your friendships inspire me. You are the sisters I've never had and it's true when they say friends become your family. Thanks! Love you!

1 comment:

sparky said...

Hey Fishy, I wanted to reach out and give you a big hug! We all have some type of struggles in our heads and a hug seems to help, at least for a little while. So wrap your arms around yourself and picture me giving you a big hug!!
Thank you for sharing your blog with me. I do check in once in a while to see what you're up to. Honestly I was a little jealous reading about whippersnapper, but I was also very happy for you to be meeting people and having fun.
Keep swimming against the current fishy. You never know what's around the next bend in the river.
Hugs, Sparky