Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Manhattan

So I was driving to work this morning listening to, of course, Kings of Leon (I can't turn this album off- I am listening to it non-stop..yes, it's that good). Track #5 is called Manhattan. It's about the city...it's a fantastic song, quickly becoming my favorite. Anyhoo- I got sentimental, cuz it's that time that I told you about. I was feeling the need to reflect on my fun NYC trip I took a year ago. The song just cemented the reflections for me. Great song, great memories of a super fun and fantastic trip which you'll be hearing about soon again. Speaking of Manhattan I was watching my favorite show, Sex and the City last night. Back to back episodes- two of my favorites actually. Some of the plot situations and things that were said especially in these two episodes really ring true. Why is that women turn confusion to confuscious? Meaning if something is confusing or frustrating we get philosophical and say it all happens for a reason. This is something I don't doubt at all, but is there a need in us to always find the answers or the reasons behind something to explain it all and make it better? I believe everything does happen for a reason, it's all part of the bigger picture that we can only see in hindsight. It's a great outlook!
And speaking of Sex and the City--I'd like to thank Ricker and Jimmy for making my trip to NYC just that. I met Jimmy about 5 days into my trip...prior to that and after he left I was with Ricker. I had too much fun with both of my guys, my cousin referred to me as Carrie Bradshaw half way through my trip due to my late nights out with these boys...that to me, was a compliment!
More on my reflections of a journey to self discovery (my trip to NYC) that was already part of a journey to self discovery(my big move 2 weeks prior)....later!

1 comment:

sparky said...

It was an awesome trip with so many great memories! You me and Dave, the Parade, the Duplex, Sardi's, Spring Awakening, the View, the palm reader and her freaky kid, the pub, and all the time in between. Thanks for making it a very memorable trip! :)
Happy Halloween!!