Monday, September 29, 2008

the little things

I had a great weekend. It was casually spent hanging with the P's and helping them around the house, I enjoy stuff like that. Took a road trip yesterday to hear a lovely group of people sing about lovely things- very peaceful! Spent a good part of this weekend on the phone chatting with my closest comrades- thanks everyone for the great chats, it's always wonderful to get caught up on life, hear your stories, share mine and make plans for future fun. I spent friday night in- watching the debate...if you weren't already planning on voting for Obama, I hope his responses to friday's questions help you realize he's the only way to go. He is the change this country needs and gives us hope that we will be a strong nation again.
Thank God for John in the morning, he played the best mix of music this morning- to help me ease into a monday. John or JITM as the Seattlites refer to him is incomparable. When I left Seattle I had to deal with three facts: that I would no longer live near water, near Pearl Jam or have KEXP at my disposal. These three things were what I had to reconcile the longest. John is worth sticking around for.
Thank God for Eddie Vedder and his voice, for making my drive to work more tolerable. I tuned into John once at work, but for the approach to work, it was Ed going Into the Wild.
Thank God for Maynard James Keenan and his rockin' vocals.
Happy monday!

No comments: