Thursday, December 4, 2008

. . . got nothing to say

Well, I've been accused by more than P and M, that I haven't written lately so here goes. I haven't updated just because I've got nothing to say (title of a Soundgarden song, early SG). I started a new job on Monday but never went back. Hee hee. It was a joke of a job and I could never ever do 12 step therapy. Not sure why I even took the job well, I know why I took the job but I was hesitant about it all along. Even John in Morning on monday morning couldn't help me! I knew what I was getting into..and since I'm not one to settle (guys, job etc- haven't yet), so why would I now? It was an awful day and I didn't go back and I'm not looking back.
I have another offer that I accepted. It's for a clinical director (fancy title) and fancy money. But I'm not excited for it mainly because I know for at least 2 hours if not more each day I will be stuck in traffic. I don't mind traffic, I mind the time it takes out of my life.
But it's clinical- me supervising 12 social workers....we'll see. I'm still holding out for the VA since that's where I really want to be! It'll happen, I'll make that one happen!

I'd like to now state what I am grateful and thankful for in no particular order: my parents for the generosity and love and putting up my overprocessing of these big adult decisions I'm making, my bro, sis and kids for their love and fun spirits, my aunt for listening to me patiently, my friends- Ang, Sue, Stac, Sar, Gre(hope the leg heals fast and faster), Blake, Ray, Car, Rob, Ric.....these are the people who listen to me at all hours of the day or night. They return my voicemails, they respond to my emails, they soothe my tears(which have been plentiful lately), they make me laugh, they understand, they cheer me on, they get it. Thank you friends for being there- I miss you all like crazy!
My many job options- people, in the last few weeks I've been offered like 4 jobs....it's flattering, it's humbling and I'm grateful to be wanted. (C'mon VA).
I'm grateful for music and memories that at times get me thru things like nothing else. I'm grateful for hope, for peace, for constantly striving for them and knowing who to turn to for them. I'm grateful for the health and safety of me and my family. That we are all employed and getting by. That we have warm homes and clothes to wear and cars to drive.
I'm grateful for the exciting and fantastic things that will happen in 2009. A new year with new promise.

More later- lovelies....

No comments: