Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

Ha! I'm 35 today. Holy $hit! I have so many thoughts about this yet don't want to stir up anything. I spent a great day with family. I always feel so grateful to my parents on this day, not that I am not just as grateful any other day but my birthday is just as much a celebration of them as it is me. My mom especially - she is the one who went through the 9 months of carrying me, laboring over me and finally pushing me. It's a humbling thought. To this day- I still love hearing my "birth" story as only she can tell it. I love hearing my dad's side too, what he was doing, feeling, witnessing. My parents are cute and super awesome! I am grateful to them for my life. Thanks mom and dad!

On another note, I looked at a condo today that is on the market, right in the neighborhood I want to be in. My parents joined me and asked all the right questions since I'm a newbie at this. It's a bit of a fixer upper since the guys living there now are students...lawn chair for furniture. But it has a great potential and the price is right. Sadly, since I'm a first time buyer it'll be quite difficult securing a loan given all the crazy housing tumult. But if it's meant to be, it'll be.
Exciting though!

And- I must return to the gym, I haven't had a regular workout routine since before thanksgiving and let's just say the jeans are getting a bit tight! YIKES!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy 2009!
(I am not a fan at all of the New Years eve and day holidays) I will be hanging with my parents having a lovely dinner on the eve of and then chilling out the day of! Stay safe everyone!

No comments: